Investigation of the platform of truth
A platform of truth underpinned by four immovable truths and three steps leading to the platform which are the three angels messages. This vision can be referenced in EW 258,259 and CW 53
Much of my thoughts have been spent on how the steps and the pillars and the platform relate together. I remembered a comment from pastor Adrian Ebens during a sermon he presented speaking about Christ being the “centre and circumference” it was taken from OHC 16.6.
To be the centre and circumference is mind boggling and thus introduces to me the Christ of paradox. In Christ is resolved all biblical paradox, hence He is the centre and circumference of all truth.
Firstly, I am going to describe what the three angels messages have shown me in regards to this platform and then I will share my thoughts on the pillars on which sits the platform of truth.
First angel’s message; Revelation 14:6,7 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
The first angel carries the everlasting Gospel and shares it with ALL people.
This message brings to mind the declaration that God is worthy of worship. It is a call to attention and remembrance. Stop what you are doing and listen! God deserves fear and honour and worship. And to answer the invariable question WHY, the message of the angel continues to explain why, because the God of creation is judging this world and all its inhabitants. In judging this world, God is also judging Himself to be a just, loving and righteous sovereign (As all will declare in the end! Romans 14:10-11)
Our creator God has established that He loved us enough to, not only, lovingly create us, but also to create the perfect home environment. A place of protection and perfect love, peace and joy. A place in which every provision for His children was made. This first message is an introduction/reminder to the loving Father manifested in His Son Jesus Christ and it reminds us of the Sabbath which was set up at creation as a memorial and identity of our God.
That’s why He deserves our fear and absolute worship. We are highly esteemed in His thoughts. I am so proud to have a Father like that.
Second angels’ Message; Revelation 14:8 And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.
This is a declaration of Judgment! I remember a similar judgment to this found in the book of Daniel (Daniel 5:25,28). Daniel said to Belshazzar “you knew all this”. To know is not enough! Babylon has been weighed in the balances and found wanting. What a terrible judgment to receive from the God of Love. That there was nothing about this entity worth saving it for. And why was Babylon found wanting? Because of the influence of her ministry. She fornicated and caused others to follow in her example. Babylon represents every lie against the platform of truth and she propagates beliefs to undermine the Sabbath , the state of the dead, the sanctuary and the second coming.
As I am writing this, I am reminded that in Revelation 3:14-18. Jesus is speaking to the church of Laodicea. He says that He will spew them out. I understand that He is not eating them, but relate this to Revelation 10:9,10. So what Laodicea is preaching is so sickening to God’s stomach that it makes Him gag. The message that Laodicea is preaching is that of self reliance. They have forgotten the everlasting Gospel and do not recognize their need of the Source of Life.
Thus the second angel’s message is a reminder that Judgment has begun and to be weary of the wine of Babylon’s fornication.
Third Angel’s Message; Revelation 14:9-11 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, 10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: 11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
The third angel’s message remains in the judgment scene but establishes its closure and therefore a warning that it does not go on indefinitely. God is bringing His reward at the closure of His judgment. Those who will be destroyed will cease to be which reminds me of the pillar of truth about the state of the dead. The message is fair and just in that it defines clearly what the qualifiers are for destruction. Our Father in His righteousness and Love has ensured that no cause for confusion be found in this message. All will have ample warning.
In these three messages that Lord has introduced to me the four pillars of our Faith. The Sabbath, the Sanctuary, the Second coming and the State of the dead.
Thus as I have climbed these stairs I am familiarized with truths which underpin the very foundation that I am about to place my weight and thus my trust upon.
· As mentioned earlier, the Sabbath is the way-point of creation. It carries through time, from the beginning of time, the reminder that the God being worshipped on this day is the God of Creation. This is why the doctrine of Sunday worship is so destructive. It takes the mind of the worshipper away from the God of creation.
· The Sabbath is a reminder to all that life originated from God at creation and that without Him there is no life or anything for that matter.
· The Sabbath defies the doctrine of the continuation of the soul after death.
· The Sabbath reminds me that God is a relational God, for the scripture reveals that it was a day when mankind fellowshipped with their creator.
· The Sabbath is an institution set up by God in the Garden of Eden and is just as relevant as the other institution set up in Eden (Marriage)
· The Sabbath depicts the God we serve as a physical being because by reminding me of creation I am reminded that man was made in Their image, in both of their image. Therefore, in seeing Jesus Christ, I see the Father which is the purpose of the Sabbath, namely worship. Which leads me to the next pillar
· I once saw the sanctuary as simply a sin transfer vessel, but now I see much more.
· The sanctuary is the place that highlights the work of Christ and the Father. In the sanctuary we see God reconciling the world unto himself through His begotten Son Jesus Christ.
· The sanctuary is the place where the image of the Father is revealed. In order for the Father to move within the visions of the sanctuary in the scriptures, He must have a form to occupy space depicted by the movement. It is simply not possible to move if one is everywhere at the same time.
· The sanctuary reminds me of who I am worshipping which brings me back to the creation and the Sabbath.
· The sanctuary introduces the Judgment and the work of our One true Mediator Jesus Christ. With the beginning of the sanctuary ministry in heaven after the ascension of Jesus Christ and His entering into the most holy place in 1844, I am reminded that the judgment is about to close and I will stand before an almighty God without an intercessor. This brings to view the second coming of Jesus in the very near future and not some perpetual event that can be put off indefinitely.
· The sanctuary wihile highlighting the judgment also introduces the idea of the reward. Eternal life for those who choose to acknowledge, honour and worship the source of all things, and eternal death for all those who choose not to acknowledge, honour and worship Him.
· Thus the sanctuary places focus on Jesus Christ, the Son of the living and only true God. Because the Father has placed His Son above all things but Himself, we behold Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith in the sanctuary. This leads me on to the next pillar
The Second Coming
· How I see Jesus depicted within this event is a demonstration of my relationship with Him. He is either my redeemer and savior and thus I am longing for His coming to receive the reward that I have accepted by Faith, or He is my Judge and enemy because I chose not to accept His gift by Faith.
· The second coming of Jesus Christ is a definite truth that Judgment has finished, that the Lord is Coming with His reward.
· It confirms the sanctuary truth of the judgment because Christ cannot come until the judgment has finished.
· The second coming confirms the Sabbath because it is the God of creation who is coming to take His children home. He is the source of all things who is extending eternal life to his followers.
· The second coming is the unmistakable herald of the end. There is no missing this event, no sleeping through the second coming. And with this blatant truth comes the unchangeable fate for those who chose to believe a lie, namely that they have life in themselves.
· The second coming again places the focus of the scene upon the one who is coming, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. The Son of God. The giver of life eternal which brings me to the last pillar
The State of the Dead
· The state of the dead is again a reminder that from dust we were made and to dust we shall return. God is the source of our life. We have nothing in and of ourselves except choice. Yet even the desire to come to the Father is given by Him J
· The state of the dead brings my mind to creation and the Godhead who brought us into existence.
· The state of the dead is for me a reassuring thought. If I am in Christ then even death cannot separate me from Him. Though I sleep I shall rise again to see Him coming in the clouds.
· The state of the dead with its ceasing of life is a reminder of the judgment and the question of whose side am I on. Hence the sanctuary scene builds in my mind and I see Jesus pleading on my behalf “Father my blood, my blood”
· The Sabbath comes to mind because of the recollection of creation in regards to God being the source of all things which means that when I die my life returns to the one who gave. I have no life in and of myself.
On top of these four pillars is seen the platform of truth. Now the failure in my understanding up to recently has been in the way that I looked upon this image. There appeared to be something incongruent about this picture. If Christ is the truth and the platform is the truth, then the platform is Christ. But if the platform which is Christ is the foundation or the corner stone, then why is it being held up by four pillars? It would appear that the foundation was being supported by another foundation and that is paradoxical. As Christ is the remedy for all paradox I prayed for understanding.
The Lord has revealed to me in my study that because the pillars all find their focus in Jesus Christ, the platform which is Christ actually binds them together into a structure that is immovable. The reason that it is immovable is because they support each other that same way that steel cross braces and I-beams strengthen a physical structure. On their own each pillar is vulnerable but bound together with the platform of truth they become an unshakeable fortress. So Christ is the foundation that ties all truth and paradox together. Thus Christ remains the FOUNDATION OF ALL TRUTH.
I will gladly stand upon this foundation and cling to Him who is my assurance of salvation.
I pray that this may be a blessing to anyone who, like me , is in the process of coming onto the platform of truth.
May God be praised forever Amen