THE MERCY OF GOD
“Confess [your] faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much”. James 5:16
This confession is for;
“Praise to the Lord, the Almighty, the King of creation! O my soul, praise Him, for He is thy health and salvation! All ye who hear, Now to His temple draw near; Join ye in glad adoration!”. Hymn1. New SDA Hymnal.
Last night a pall as black as coal descended upon my soul. A dread and sadness descended as sackcloth and I fell into the pit of desire for sweets! In that desire I broke a promise that I had made to the Lord some time ago, that I would not eat a certain type of confectionary.
I had eaten so much of this type of confectionary one day that it made me nauseous. The Lord spoke to me and suggested that it should not enter my body again and I agreed and promised it wouldn’t happen again, however, foolishly, I left one packet in the pantry and although I had thought about eating that packet since my promise, the Lord strengthened me. But last night it was the first thing that the adversary of souls brought to my attention and in my despondency I fell to the temptation and ate the entire packet. Afterward, although I felt well physically, spiritually it was a nightmare of guilt.
Of course I asked the Lord to forgive me through the night but I still had the acid bite of guilt this morning, so in my morning prayers I asked for forgiveness again and asked for, of all things, a promise. He gave one! Psalm 103.
1. Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, [bless] his holy name.
2. Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
3. Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
4. Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness
and tender mercies;
5. Who satisfieth thy mouth with good [things; so that] thy youth is renewed like the
6. The LORD executeth righteousness and judgment for all that are oppressed.
7. He made known his ways unto Moses, his acts unto the children of Israel.
8. The LORD [is] merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy.
9. He will not always chide: neither will he keep [his anger] for ever.
10. He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our
11. For as the heaven is high above the earth, [so] great is his mercy toward them that
12. As far as the east is from the west, [so] far hath he removed our transgressions
13. Like as a father pitieth [his] children, [so] the LORD pitieth them that fear him.
14. For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we [are] dust.
15. [As for] man, his days [are] as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth.
16. For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone; and the place thereof shall know it no
17. But the mercy of the LORD [is] from everlasting to everlasting upon them that
fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;
18. To such as keep his covenant, and to those that remember his commandments to
19. The LORD hath prepared his throne in the heavens; and his kingdom ruleth over
20. Bless the LORD, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments,
hearkening unto the voice of his word.
21. Bless ye the LORD, all [ye] his hosts; [ye] ministers of his, that do his pleasure.
22. Bless the LORD, all his works in all places of his dominion: bless the LORD, O
O that my promises were not as "ropes of sand" but as sure as The Lords; and that my mercy and forgiveness were as solid! For in this Psalm, that He gave me to lift me up, His mercy is plenteous and His forgiveness is abundant, so, Bless the Lord O my soul!!
“Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit is no guile.” Ps 32 1-2
Thank You and Praise You O Lord and Saviour, Christ Jesus! Amen.