The message of the midnight cry given by Samuel Snow in July of 1844 contained information that would light the path of the saints all the way to the city of God. As long as they kept their eyes on Jesus armed with this information they would not stumble. The midnight cry message contained information about the following
- The 6000 years
- The 2520 year prophecy
- The 2300 year prophecy
- The Seventy Weeks of Daniel Nine
- The year of the crucifixion being AD 31
- Friday is the day Christ died that year.
- The Karaite Jewish Calendar being the correct calendar by which to determine the biblical festivals and thus determine the date Oct 22 1844 as the date for the day of atonement that year.
- The giving of the law on Mt Sinai was a type of the outpouring of the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost.
- The coming of Christ is connected to the Jubilee and then the anti type of the feast of tabernacles will occur with the marriage supper of the Lamb.
- The period of the 1000 years after the coming of Christ is a Millennial Sabbath of Rest.
This power of the Spirit that attended the midnight cry in connection with the Second Angel’s message invites us to consider carefully how firmly laid are the points of this message. To ignore them is to obscure the light that shines “all along the path”, which could cause us to fall off the straight and narrow way to eternal life.
The implications of the Karaite Calendar do not stop simply at the method to start the biblical year, it also tells us that the seventh day of the week is the Sabbath – thus removing the notion that the Sabbath is calculated according to the New Moon or Lunar Sabbath. It also removes the idea that the Sabbath begins at dawn, as this is not part of the Karaite calendar system.
My earnest appeal to all those interested in the third angels message is to heed the midnight cry and stay on the path that has been lit for us all the way to the city. There are many voices calling for God’s people to forsake the midnight cry, but all such calls will end in destruction. For those who have ears to hear, let him hear.