The week before Thanksgiving my husband and I were privileged to attend a wedding of a dear friend in the state of Washington. In the very front of the driveway of our host family there are two magnificent huge trees. Upon closer examination of these trees something very significant appeared–the huge trees were growing out of ancient stumps! Our hosts’ daughter said these kinds of trees are called “Nursed Trees” in that the stump was the nurse to the new shoot that became a new tree. As we drove through the neighborhood we realized that these trees were everywhere. Not only were there the trees with the natural seed growing out of the stump, but other bushes were growing out of these stumps. In some yards these ancient stumps were used as a focal feature as one entered the yard.
Examples of Huge trees Growing out of Giant Stumps
Examples from Nature Showing that Yahushua is BOTH the ROOT and BRANCH of David
The Giant Stumps As Features in Yards and Unattended
My husband said to me, “Melodee, we need to blog about Yahushua as the Root and Branch of David and use these trees to illustrate the point.” As I have been thinking about it, the “Root and Branch of David” Scripture verses also explain the majesty of Yahushua as the Son of Elohim and the depth He went to reach us as the Son of Man.
Yahushua as the Root and Branch of David
Yahushua asks the Pharisees a question they would not answer; in asking it He stopped them from asking any more questions.
“What think ye of the Messiah? Whose son is he? They say unto him, The son of David. He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Sovereign, saying YAHUAH said unto my Sovereign, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool? If David then called him Sovereign, how is he his son? And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions.” Matthew 22:42-46
Yahushua, Himself declares that He is the Root and the offspring of David, the bright and morning star (Revelation 22:16.
Revelation 5:5 says that the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.
As the BRANCH, Yahushua was the Son of David in ancestry (Matthew 1:1). Yahushua would build the temple of Yahuah, bear the majesty, sit and rule upon his throne; and be a priest upon His throne (Zechariah 6:12, 13).
If the Pharisees had answered this question they would have acknowledge Yahushua as Elohim and they were unwilling to do this.
Son of Elohim and Son of Man
The first seven chapters of Hebrews contrast Yahushua as the Son of Elohim and as the Son of Man, and because He is both Paul is led to proclaim “Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum we have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens; A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Sovereign pitched, and not man.” Hebrews 8:1
The Depths the Messiah went to for the Redemption of Man
- The Messiah is Elohim: Hebrews begins with the only Begotten’s exaltation, position, and very nature as the only Begotten Son of YAHUAH of Hosts (Hebrews chapter 1).
- The Messiah is Human: Then our focus will turn to the Messiah as Human “made like unto [his] brethren that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things [pertaining] to Elohim, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people” (Hebrews 2:17).
- He took part of the same. The Messiah made a “blood-brotherhood covenant” with humanity to be one of us (Genesis 15).
- Made under the curse of the Law. The Messiah was made under the curse of the law that He might redeem humanity from that curse (Galatians 3:13).
- Made of a woman. By being made of a woman (Galatians 4:4), the Messiah went to the fountain head of where sin entered our world.
- Made under humanity’s law of heredity—humanity’s very nature. The Messiah came made as a Human with the ability to have the same thoughts or feelings as we have. He not only came to redeem humanity from sin already committed and acted upon (Romans 3:25), but sin as it is itself in its nature and in its tendency within our mind as a part of humanity’s law of heredity. “And YAHUAH hath laid on Him the iniquity of us all.” Isaiah 53:6 He was touched “with the feelings of our infirmities” (Hebrews 4:15). He hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows.” Isaiah 53:4
There is no greater depth or secrete place than one’s mind. There is NO PLACE too deep, too dark, to depressive, or too out-of-reach for the only Begotten Son to meet us there. He will bring us back to full fellowship with the Father if we only let Him. “Wherefore in ALL THINGS it behooved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining unto Elohim, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people. For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to help them that are tempted.” Hebrews 2:17, 18 emphasis supplied
The Ministry of our High Priest to bring us to the Father
- We may partake of the Nature of Elohim: “Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine NATURE of Elohim, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.” 2 Peter 1:4
- We may partake of righteousness: It was as the “Seed” of a woman (Galatians 3:16) that the Messiah could meet the Devil on his ground (Genesis 3:15). “For the one who did not know sin was made to be sin for us; that we might be made the righteousness of YAHUAH in him.” 2 Corinthians 5:21
- We may be redeemed from the curse of the law: “But when the fullness of the time was come, Elohim sent forth his Son, made of a woman, under the law, to redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.” Galatians 4:4
- We may partake of sonship: “For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren, Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the assembly will I sing praise unto thee.” Hebrews 2:11. Paul is quoting the Messiah’s words in Psalms 22:22 “Behold what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of YAHUAH” 1 John 3:1. “And because ye are sons, Elohim hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba Father. So that thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of YAHUAH through the Messiah.” Galatians 4:6, 7 (Romans 8:8-18).
- Yahushua IS the only begotten Son of Elohim; Deliverer from Death: “And the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his majesty, the majesty as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth).” John 1:14; see also John 3:16 “Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is the devil; and deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.” Hebrews 2:14, 15
- Confirmation: Yahushua is Spirit of Spirits and Elohim of Elohim: The Messiah (the Word) was Elohim (John 1:1). He is a quickening Spirit (1 Corinthians 15:45). That is born of the flesh is flesh and that which is born of Spirit is spirit (John 3:6).
We have such an High Priest!
- We have a High Priest who became our blood brother in EVERY respect, so that we could become an adopted son or daughter of the most Sovereign YAHUAH of Hosts. The greatest GIFT the High Priest of heaven offers humanity is His life in exchange for ours!
- “Messiah who knew no sin, was made to be sin, even the sinfulness of man in order that we who knew no righteousness, might be made righteousness, even the righteousness of YAHUAH.
- “An as the righteousness of Elohim which is in the Messiah, the man, is made REAL RIGHTEOUSNESS, so the sin of men, which the Messiah was made in the flesh was REAL SIN.
- “As certainly as our sins, when upon us, are real sins to us, so certainly, when these sins were laid upon Him, they became real sins to Him.
- “As certainly as guilt attaches to these sins, and to us because of them, when they are upon us, so certainly this guilt attached to these same sins of ours, and to Him because of them, when they were laid upon Him.
- “As the sense of condemnation and discouragement of our sins was real to us, when these sins of ours were upon us, so certainly this same sense of condemnation and discouragement because of the guilt of these sins was realized by Him when these sins of ours were laid upon Him.
- “Thus the guilt, the condemnation, the discouragement of the knowledge of sin were His—were a fact in His conscious experience—as really as they were ever such in the life of any sinner that was ever on earth. And this awful truth brings to every sinful soul in the world the glorious truth that “the righteousness of Elohim”, and the rest, the peace, and the joy, of that righteousness, are a fact in the conscious experience of the believer in Jesus in this world, as really as they are in the life of any saint who was ever in heaven.” The Consecrated Way by A.T. Jones, page 38
Because Yahushua was MADE in every respect as we have been made, even to within our very thought pattern, Yahushua is able reach the place where you find yourself and lift you up and empower you by His Faith (Galatians 2:20; John chapter 15) to become an adopted son of Yahuah. As the Root of David Yahushua is Spirit of Spirit and Elohim of Elohim. As the BRANCH of David, He was MADE a Man under the curse of the law, under a woman (the fountain head of sin), and under man’s nature (the tendency to sin). Because He is BOTH TRULY Elohim and Man He is able to redeem man. Halleluyah!!!